Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd ForumHalf way through the season - Thoughts. EmptyHomeGalleryLatest imagesRulesSearchHalf way through the season - Thoughts. EmptyNew PostsHalf way through the season - Thoughts. EmptyRegisterHalf way through the season - Thoughts. EmptyLog in

Share | 

Half way through the season - Thoughts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

Half way through the season - Thoughts. _
PostSubject: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:37 am

We are half way through the season now and just two points of the leaders Chelsea and if someone had told me that would be the case, I'd have taken that happily. But that stat is a bit deceiving really as we've lost as many as 5 games already this season one more than we lost throughout the last season.

Our play hasn't been great but we have lacked creativity a lot of times this season and are fairly lucky toe just 2 points behind due to a stuttering Chelsea.

All in all, Evra has been our most consistent and by far the best player playing in all the league games so far this season. Rooney has been fantastic when it comes to goals but has seen a dip in form since his blazing start to the season.

The league has been wide open now due a real lack in quality in most sides this season more than anything and I'm delighted to see us just 2 points off and we look pretty good for the 4th in a row and no.19.

I'll go with these ratings for the players:

VDS - Hasn't really started many games - 5

Foster - Has fluffed his chances when given a run of games early on. Almost cost us a few games with his errors - 4

Neville - Injured. Back. Injured. Back. Injured - 4.5

Rafael, Fabio - Have looked decent enough but have been injury prone and lack physically - 5.5

Ferdinand - Has he even played this season? - 4

Vidic - A relatively sloppy 4 months for his comparatively high standard - 6.5

Brown - Has been decent when he has been available - 6.5

O'shea - Was solid as ever till his injury - 7

Evra- Best player so far this season. Has been consistent as ever - 8.5

Park - Hasn't played much due to injury - 5

Obertan - Has impressed with some of his performances. One for the future - 6.5

Fletch - Our best midfielder and overall the best performer after Evra - 8

Carrick - Has been good at times and average at others - 7

Anderson - Has been good. Improving all the time - 7

Scholes - Not that great a season for his high standard - 6.5

Giggs - Has been really great and a real source of creativity notching up 11 assists and 2 goals in the process - 8

Nani - Has flattered to deceive with his earlier showings - 5

Valencia - Has been good at times and not so at others - 7

Gibson - Has a good shot in him and a decent player. He can be used as a squad player in the future. - 6.5

Rooney - Top goalscorer but overall play has been below his comparatively high standards - 8

Berbatov - 5 goals is simply not good enough. He needs to improve his goal tally - 6.5

Owen - 7 goals so far this season. Scoring every other game as per minutes per game. Brought to do exactly that. 7.5

Macheda, Welbeck - Doing good when given starts in the league cup - 6

Now to get going guys!
evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinmust.org/
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 11:26 am

My ratings :

VDS - 5

Foster - 3.5

Neville - 4

Rafael, Fabio - 6

Ferdinand - 4

Vidic - 7

Brown - 7

O'shea - 7

Evra - 8.5

Park - 4

Obertan - 6

Fletch - 8

Carrick - 7.5

Anderson - 7.5

Scholes - 6

Giggs - 7.5

Nani - 3

Valencia - 7

Gibson - 6

Rooney - 8

Berbatov - 6.5

Owen - 7

Macheda, Welbeck - 6
Back to top Go down
unitedrchampps
Nayan
unitedrchampps

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:09 pm

My ratings :

VDS - 6???
Kusczak - 5.5 ( doing well these days)
Foster - 5(poor)

Neville - 4

Rafael, Fabio - 5.5

Ferdinand - 4 ????

Vidic - 7.5 ( has been the wall whenever he has played )

Brown - 6.5 ( not many appearances)

O'shea - 6 ( injured )

Evra - 9 ( most consistent )

Park - 4 (injured )

Obertan - 6.5 ( promising, gotta improve a lot )

Fletch - 8 ( improved his stature as a good player)

Carrick - 7.5 ( just above average )

Anderson - 7 ( failing to break into the team )

Scholes - 6

Giggs - 9 ( been superb this season !! wink )

Nani - 2.5 ( goes on getting poorer and poorer )

Valencia - 7.5 ( was making gud progress, bt seems absent the last 3-4 games sad )

Gibson - 6.5 ( has stepped it up )

Rooney - 8.5 ( goals galore )

Berbatov - 7.5 ( glimpses, )

Owen - 7 ( glimpses, but has been poor whenever he has started in the PL )

Macheda, Welbeck - 6 ( dani doing well in cup games )[b]
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Doh I forgot Kuzack - Has been great and grabbed onto his opportunities - A solid 7

unitedrchampps wrote:
My ratings :

O'shea - 6 ( injured )

Valencia - 7.5 ( was making gud progress, bt seems absent the last 3-4 games sad )

I disagree with all these.

You Kuzach is doing good these days and only 5.5/10? :blink:

O'shea has been solid as ever through the start of the season before he got injured and has played 12 league games this season before getting injured. I'd say he merits a bit more than 6.

Nani has been poor, admittedly but he hasn't been so shockingly bad as to merit a 2.5. It's as if you are trying to say he can't pass a ball. He has had 4 assists and 2 competitive goals. Only Giggs(12) and Anderson(5) are ahead of him when it comes to assists.

Valencia has had some good games and some very ordinary ones like last night, especially earlier on in the season. Doesn't deserve that high rating according to me.

Berbatov 7.5 for a striker who has scored only 5 goals in 21 appearances? I'm sorry that's just too high.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Kuzack - 7.5
He stepped up when his team needed him happy
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:12 pm

What about rating other players you lazy idiot?
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Who others?
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:16 pm

All other players like Nayan and I did.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Open your eyes you jackass lol
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:26 pm

Darn missed it!

Ando and Carrick should be a tad lower and Giggs a bit higher and I'd agree with your rating.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Err...NO lol
Back to top Go down
unitedrchampps
Nayan
unitedrchampps

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:37 pm

Rahul wrote:

Foster - Has fluffed his chances when given a run of games early on. Almost cost us a few games with his errors - 4

Vidic - A relatively sloppy 4 months for his comparatively high standard - 6.5

Brown - Has been decent when he has been available - 6.5

Carrick - Has been good at times and average at others - 7

Anderson - Has been good. Improving all the time - 7

Scholes - Not that great a season for his high standard - 6.5

Giggs - Has been really great and a real source of creativity notching up 11 assists and 2 goals in the process - 8

Rooney - Top goalscorer but overall play has been below his comparatively high standards - 8

Berbatov - 5 goals is simply not good enough. He needs to improve his goal tally - 6.5

Owen - 7 goals so far this season. Scoring every other game as per minutes per game. Brought to do exactly that. 7.5

ME do not agree with these tongue

Foster - 4?? he deserves better

Vida has been "the defender" this season after evra,he has been the rock and you could see the difference when he dint play and you rate him 6.5 !! fyou and more over, you rate wes brown the same! what a joke?

carrick and ando both have been ordinary this season, but ando except 2-3 games has been poor while carrick has been much more consisten than him...

giggs 8? lol .. he has been the best offensive player this season....

and berba much better than owen bro.. much much better.. he has a presence atleast but whenever owen has started he has been poor, and i guess berba has more assists than owen
construction

and btw owen 7.5 and you rate valencia,carrick 7!!! rtfm
Back to top Go down
unitedrchampps
Nayan
unitedrchampps

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Rahul wrote:
Doh I forgot Kuzack - Has been great and grabbed onto his opportunities - A solid 7

unitedrchampps wrote:
My ratings :

O'shea - 6 ( injured )

I disagree with all these.

You Kuzach is doing good these days and only 5.5/10? :blink:

O'shea has been solid as ever through the start of the season before he got injured and has played 12 league games this season before getting injured. I'd say he merits a bit more than 6.

Nani has been poor, admittedly but he hasn't been so shockingly bad as to merit a 2.5. It's as if you are trying to say he can't pass a ball. He has had 4 assists and 2 competitive goals. Only Giggs(12) and Anderson(5) are ahead of him when it comes to assists.

Valencia has had some good games and some very ordinary ones like last night, especially earlier on in the season. Doesn't deserve that high rating according to me.

Berbatov 7.5 for a striker who has scored only 5 goals in 21 appearances? I'm sorry that's just too high.

LEAVE THE STATS ASIDE, THERE IS MORE TO THE GAME THAN JUST THE STATS@@ :chairbeating:
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:28 pm

I don't have much time today. I'll carry on he argument sometime later. Hope you can wait that long.
Back to top Go down
unitedrchampps
Nayan
unitedrchampps

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:34 pm

Rahul wrote:
I don't have much time today. I'll carry on he argument sometime later. Hope you can wait that long.
tongue whistling
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 4:53 pm

unitedrchampps wrote:

LEAVE THE STATS ASIDE, THERE IS MORE TO THE GAME THAN JUST THE STATS@@ :chairbeating:

Why leave them aside? I know stats aren't everything but they do provide a decent picture of how a player is performing.

So try to counter the points I've made instead of just hiding behind the stats aren't everything bollocks.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:12 pm

unitedrchampps wrote:

Vida has been "the defender" this season after evra,he has been the rock and you could see the difference when he dint play and you rate him 6.5 !! fyou and more over, you rate wes brown the same! what a joke?

carrick and ando both have been ordinary this season, but ando except 2-3 games has been poor while carrick has been much more consisten than him...

and berba much better than owen bro.. much much better.. he has a presence atleast but whenever owen has started he has been poor, and i guess berba has more assists than owen
construction

Exactly what has Foster done to deserve better? He has made a few decent saves which are expected from any good keeper and made howlers which we are lucky haven't cost us points. The Bellamy one against City (though it was Ferdinand with the major error), trying to catch the ball instead of punching it against Kenywn Jones, not being able to save the Arshavin shot which was savable being some I can remember on top of my head. And it did cost 2 points against Sunderland. Maybe I was a bit harsh. 4.5 at best.

I gave Vidic 6.5 because he hasn't performed well according to HIS high standards. Brown has nothing to do with his ratings. He hasn't looked that solid as you are making it out to be this season. I'd stick with my rating. Shoot.

Anderson is a young player trying to adjust his game to the traditional CM in the 4-4-2. He is young, learning and a future prospect who can go on to become world class in a few years time. He has done well considering that and that's the reason I've given him 7. Carrick has been our first choice experienced midfielder and comparing his consistency to Anderson's is just not right. Surely you can see the difference?

Giggs. Yeah my folly. 8.5 I'd say. The reason I haven't given him more than that is he has had a few crappy games where he hasn't really performed well enough e.g Villa, Hull, Pompey first half.

You obviously don't understand that Berbatov and Owen are two completely different types of players. Owen has never been a source of creativity for any side he has played in. He drifts into spaces bringing defenders with him, creating space in the final third, makes runs and tries to score goals which he has done well.

Berbatov on the other hand drops off quite a lot and tries to bring other into play so it's but natural he'll have more assists. There is no dispute or denying the fact that Berbatov is miles better than Owen in terms of ability. But ability means nothing if you can't use it to good effect which Berbatov has failed to do.

Owen was bought to do a job which he has excelled in doing. He requires service and can't create much as that's his game. Scoring 7 goals indicates to me that he has done exceedingly well so far this season.

Berbatov is a striker and if I'm not mistaking aren't strikers supposed to score goals? Unless you are Dirk Kuyt.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:32 pm

rofl
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
rofl

Can't contribute, stay away.

PS: He asked for it by saying stats are shite tongue
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Exactly lol
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:51 am

Waiting for you reply Nayan whistling
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 pm

Your hoping for that? lol
Back to top Go down
unitedrchampps
Nayan
unitedrchampps

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Rahul wrote:
unitedrchampps wrote:

construction

Exactly what has Foster done to deserve better? He has made a few decent saves which are expected from any good keeper and made howlers which we are lucky haven't cost us points. The Bellamy one against City (though it was Ferdinand with the major error), trying to catch the ball instead of punching it against Kenywn Jones, not being able to save the Arshavin shot which was savable being some I can remember on top of my head. And it did cost 2 points against Sunderland. Maybe I was a bit harsh. 4.5 at best.

I gave Vidic 6.5 because he hasn't performed well according to HIS high standards. Brown has nothing to do with his ratings. He hasn't looked that solid as you are making it out to be this season. I'd stick with my rating. Shoot.

Anderson is a young player trying to adjust his game to the traditional CM in the 4-4-2. He is young, learning and a future prospect who can go on to become world class in a few years time. He has done well considering that and that's the reason I've given him 7. Carrick has been our first choice experienced midfielder and comparing his consistency to Anderson's is just not right. Surely you can see the difference?

Giggs. Yeah my folly. 8.5 I'd say. The reason I haven't given him more than that is he has had a few crappy games where he hasn't really performed well enough e.g Villa, Hull, Pompey first half.

You obviously don't understand that Berbatov and Owen are two completely different types of players. Owen has never been a source of creativity for any side he has played in. He drifts into spaces bringing defenders with him, creating space in the final third, makes runs and tries to score goals which he has done well.

Berbatov on the other hand drops off quite a lot and tries to bring other into play so it's but natural he'll have more assists. There is no dispute or denying the fact that Berbatov is miles better than Owen in terms of ability. But ability means nothing if you can't use it to good effect which Berbatov has failed to do.

Owen was bought to do a job which he has excelled in doing. He requires service and can't create much as that's his game. Scoring 7 goals indicates to me that he has done exceedingly well so far this season.

Berbatov is a striker and if I'm not mistaking aren't strikers supposed to score goals? Unless you are Dirk Kuyt.

ALL SHITTE tongue

you still underestimating vida A LOT!! mad2

and foster, i know he has been shaky but he surely has played much better.. he brings in a calmness at the back, and has a good kick unlike Kusczak...

berba owen thing wont end..
if given right, i would choose berba in ma team rather than owen... owen aint been bad, but i have to go with berba better than owen, with his magic and leaving rooney for tap-ins would be what i like,,

ando is good.. he will improve.. not much of a disagreement there but hey, carrick is been better than him
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm

unitedrchampps wrote:

ALL SHITTE tongue

you still underestimating vida A LOT!! mad2

and foster, i know he has been shaky but he surely has played much better.. he brings in a calmness at the back, and has a good kick unlike Kusczak...

berba owen thing wont end..
if given right, i would choose berba in ma team rather than owen... owen aint been bad, but i have to go with berba better than owen, with his magic and leaving rooney for tap-ins would be what i like,,

ando is good.. he will improve.. not much of a disagreement there but hey, carrick is been better than him

Oh bummer! It's pretty pointless to try and explain why I gave those ranking when you don't want to read. Anyways I'll try my best.

Foster brings calmness at the back? I'm sorry but you have a very short memory. He was anything but solid at the back which resulted in our defence hesitating to play a back pass thinking he might fuck it up. And about the kicking, well you must be kidding me. Kicking isn't the most important aspect aspect goal keeper.

Hey that ratings don't mean Owen is better than Berbatov. And if you had cared to read my post, you'd have seen that I already said Berbatov is miles better than Owen. The reason I rated Owen highly was that he excelled in doing the job which he was expected to perform. Berba on the other hand hasn't impressed anyone(apart from you it seems) and he himself has admitted it.

Yeah Carrick has been better than Anderson. But Carrick has been our first choice CM for the last three seasons and this time around he hasn't been that influential and good as he has been in the past which is why I gave him a 7. Anderson has been improving his game and has been better according to me than last season. That's why a 7. By giving them both 7, I'm not trying to compare them and say both have been equally good. I'm just trying to rate them on what they are capable of and how they are performing individually and without comparing them to each other I repeat.

Hope this makes things clear.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Crystal clear tongue
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
Crystal clear tongue

Don't bother. I'm sure you haven't even read my opening post.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Yeah I dont know how to read
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:45 pm

I just bought a book on how to read
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Knowing how to read and choosing to read or not what's in front of you are two very different things.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:48 pm

so what your saying is.............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half way through the season - Thoughts.   Half way through the season - Thoughts. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Half way through the season - Thoughts.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Football :: Manchester United-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com