Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd ForumCity confirm Lescott agreement EmptyHomeGalleryLatest imagesRulesSearchCity confirm Lescott agreement EmptyNew PostsCity confirm Lescott agreement EmptyRegisterCity confirm Lescott agreement EmptyLog in

Share | 

City confirm Lescott agreement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

City confirm Lescott agreement _
PostSubject: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:25 am

Quote :
Manchester City have confirmed they have agreed a deal to sign Everton's Joleon Lescott.

City have already seen two offers for the England international rejected by their Barclays Premier League rivals.

Toffees manager David Moyes appeared defiant that Lescott would remain at Goodison Park, despite the defender recently handing in a written transfer request.

However, Lescott was not included in Everton's squad for their previous two matches, increasing speculation that a move could be in the offing.

A statement on City's official website said: "Manchester City can confirm that agreement has been reached with Everton for the transfer of Joleon Lescott.

"The move is subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical."

Lescott moved to Everton from Wolverhampton Wanderers for a fee of £5m in 2006 and has since made 113 Premier League appearances for the club, scoring 14 goals.

The versatile stopper's solitary appearance this campaign came when Everton lost 6-1 to Arsenal on the opening day of the season.

City manager Mark Hughes has made no secret of his wish to further bolster his defensive ranks, having already brought in Kolo Toure from the Gunners.

Lescott now looks poised to join the likes of Toure, Roque Santa Cruz, Gareth Barry, Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor in signing at Eastlands this summer.

Source

24 m pounds I think. Quite over priced but this will strengthen City's defence as Lescott is a good defender but certainly not even half of the 24m paid for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinmust.org/
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:38 pm

24 is toooo much.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
24 is toooo much.

It's way above toooo much. It almost goes to say Lescott = Ferdinand if you take a look at the money :blink:
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Naah.Ferdinand is valued around 35 million
Back to top Go down
Aakarsh007
How is my pout?
Aakarsh007

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Lescott is not worth the money City had to pay however having the financial backing City have it is now a fact they have to pay over the odds for players... City defence looks better now...

Toure -- Lescott -- Slyviniho [will arrive from Barca on a free transfer]

But, Who Cares biggrin
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:19 pm

They will still concede a lot of goals laugh
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Vishal16 wrote:

rofl

I knew you rated our players highly but 35m is just nonsense. Who says he is rated so high anyways except you? :blink:

I was in anycase mentioning that we signed Rio (who is far far far better than Lescott) for 27m and Lescott cost city 24m in that sense....Rio = Lescott which obviously shows how much money City waste just because they have it.
Back to top Go down
Aakarsh007
How is my pout?
Aakarsh007

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:55 pm

Other clubs know they have it, so they demand much higher price, nearlly double the price that could have seen Lescott moving

But Again I say who cares biggrin
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Aakarsh007 wrote:
Other clubs know they have it, so they demand much higher price, nearlly double the price that could have seen Lescott moving

But Again I say who cares biggrin

Actually I do. With this amount of cash they already have got a good squad now and they'll spend even more and I can see them being the new Chelsea. If they get a really good manager(which Hughes isn't according to me) and with the amount of resources they have I don't really see why they can't challenge us for top honours in 2-3 years time. So just saying who cares is a bit of arrogance from our side really.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:51 am

Rahul wrote:
Vishal16 wrote:

rofl

I knew you rated our players highly but 35m is just nonsense. Who says he is rated so high anyways except you? :blink:

I was in anycase mentioning that we signed Rio (who is far far far better than Lescott) for 27m and Lescott cost city 24m in that sense....Rio = Lescott which obviously shows how much money City waste just because they have it.

Rio was signed for a British record (now broken) of 29.7 million or something and now he is one of the THE best defenders of the premiership and if City can bid 50 million for John slipping Terry then 35 for Ferdinand is not at all high rated.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
Rahul wrote:
Vishal16 wrote:

rofl

Rio was signed for a British record (now broken) of 29.7 million or something and now he is one of the THE best defenders of the premiership and if City can bid 50 million for John slipping Terry then 35 for Ferdinand is not at all high rated.

Broken by whom? :blink:

As far as I know he holds the record for the highest fee paid for a defender.

I was talking about a sane market and not City/Real Madrid inflated one. I'd say he is worth 40-45m if you are talking about that. He is better than John Terry by the way wink
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Rahul wrote:
Vishal16 wrote:
Rahul wrote:
Vishal16 wrote:

rofl

Broken by whom? :blink:

As far as I know he holds the record for the highest fee paid for a defender.

I was talking about a sane market and not City/Real Madrid inflated one. I'd say he is worth 40-45m if you are talking about that. He is better than John Terry by the way wink

I was talking about Transfer fee and not the salary type fee rolleyes
Even in the sane market his value is above 30 million.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City confirm Lescott agreement   City confirm Lescott agreement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City confirm Lescott agreement

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Football :: General Football-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com