Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd ForumMy hard disk is fucked - Page 2 EmptyHomeGalleryLatest imagesRulesSearchMy hard disk is fucked - Page 2 EmptyNew PostsMy hard disk is fucked - Page 2 EmptyRegisterMy hard disk is fucked - Page 2 EmptyLog in

Share | 

My hard disk is fucked

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Code:
sudo lshw -html >> info.html

Try running that command in Terminal, and then check that file (index.html) for info. It will be in your home folder. Also send a copy over on Yahoo! if possible. Through Pidgin, that is tongue Or upload it to mediafire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Navpreet wrote:
Code:
sudo lshw -html >> info.html

Try running that command in Terminal, and then check that file (index.html) for info. It will be in your home folder. Also send a copy over on Yahoo! if possible. Through Pidgin, that is tongue Or upload it to mediafire.

It says on the terminal

Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place

Nothing happening after that. Where is my pidgin? sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinmust.org/
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Rahul wrote:
Navpreet wrote:

About 50-60k.

Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6 Ghz (Upto 2.3 Ghz with TurboBoost), 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB SATA HDD (7200 rpm), 1GB ATI Radeon Mobility 5470

All in a Dell Studio 15 Laptop.

I'll drop the plan. No fucking way for me to get so much for a comp when all they do is tell me that I have nothing else to do except being on a comp tongue

My people are doing it coz it is compulsory to get a laptop for comp sc engg, and i have sort of conned them that it would be best to splash once and then use it for 5-6 years tongue
Back to top Go down
Pujit

Pujit

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:05 am

Rahul wrote:
Pujit wrote:
Core i5 2.93Ghz, 1X2GB DDR3 ram (1333Mhz) ,AMD 1 Gig GFX card (haven't thought of it yet),
250GB HDD and i have the other things (monitor,sound system etc...)

Estimated kharcha for this is to be around 12-15k (Awesome,eh?) tongue

How can you get it so cheap with monitor, speakers et all?

What's the cost for i5? Go for a bit more RAM I suggest. Although DDR3 isn't exactly cheap I think.

I said i have the monitors, speakers etc.. already, this is just for the CPU
and i meant to write core i3, i5 is not available yet in that market.
DDR3 is expensive so i don't think i will be getting any more of it.
Back to top Go down
Pujit

Pujit

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 am

Navpreet wrote:
Pujit wrote:
Core i5 2.93Ghz, 1X2GB DDR3 ram (1333Mhz) ,AMD 1 Gig GFX card (haven't thought of it yet),
250GB HDD and i have the other things (monitor,sound system etc...)

Estimated kharcha for this is to be around 12-15k (Awesome,eh?) tongue

Just 12-15k? Yup, that's cool. RAM can be increased though.

I have also just about finalized my laptop tongue AMD Gfx card, you mean ATI, right?
Yea lol i meant ATI.
Hmm, i'm having second thoughts too, that's why i haven't finalised my offer with the dealer, because its an inevitable fact that i will need a personal netbook/notebook for college, as my computer is shared by all 4 in my family lol
So, dad has told me to buy a cheap netbook now, and that he'll upgrade the PC later when we are out of our problems, 'cause mom dad and kid sis need nothing more than microsoft office or internet, and i myself am not a very big fan of gaming (except a little bit of FIFA biggrin), so i'm still thinking about it
Back to top Go down
Pujit

Pujit

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 am

Rahul wrote:
Navpreet wrote:

About 50-60k.

Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6 Ghz (Upto 2.3 Ghz with TurboBoost), 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB SATA HDD (7200 rpm), 1GB ATI Radeon Mobility 5470

All in a Dell Studio 15 Laptop.

I'll drop the plan. No fucking way for me to get so much for a comp when all they do is tell me that I have nothing else to do except being on a comp tongue

You could always get a netbook (good enough for anything, just not gaming), it will be an excellent solution for your IT work happy
Will cost you around 16-20k
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:56 am

Netbooks - I wont recommend them. There screen size is toooooo small to be of any use for IT work. You need as big a screen as possible, preferably for programming and development work.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Netbooks are crappy. Plus I'd rather use it for all purposes than just internet. I'm doing that through ubuntu live currently and it sucks. I need fifa even if it's 07.
Back to top Go down
Pujit

Pujit

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:46 pm

You can surely play fifa '07 on a netbook tongue and its not just for internet, you can do an awful lot on those things.
And yeah screen size is small, but whatever that is the only thing i can afford so i don't care for anything else.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 pm

You think I'll buy a new comp/laptop for fifa07? :|
Back to top Go down
Pujit

Pujit

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

you idiot, i just said that because you mentioned that you needed fifa even if its 07, don't take everything literally, go fuck yourself tongue (although you may take this literally)
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Okay
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Ojay? shifty
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:16 am

khool doodh! still no solution found though sad
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Finally some decent news (for the other hard disk) Basically all the active people know that I have a 1 TB hardk lying around since like 6-7 months now because of my foolishness of trying to use it on my IDE comp. I went to the local hardware store and he said the casing to use it via usb will cost me 600.

If anyone of you has a local hardware store nearby, can you guys check if he's ripping me off or now?

If only I wasn't as lazy and went to the store sometime back, I could have saved my 160Gb of data and downloaded so much more as time is all I have sad

PS: If I had gone directly for the external one 6 months back it would've cost me 300 bucks more. So the conclusion here is.....I'm awesome even when I do something idiotic.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:14 am

Rahul wrote:
Finally some decent news (for the other hard disk) Basically all the active people know that I have a 1 TB hardk lying around since like 6-7 months now because of my foolishness of trying to use it on my IDE comp. I went to the local hardware store and he said the casing to use it via usb will cost me 600.

If anyone of you has a local hardware store nearby, can you guys check if he's ripping me off or now?

If only I wasn't as lazy and went to the store sometime back, I could have saved my 160Gb of data and downloaded so much more as time is all I have sad

PS: If I had gone directly for the external one 6 months back it would've cost me 300 bucks more. So the conclusion here is.....I'm awesome even when I do something idiotic.

Since none of you spackers bothered to reply to this, I went on and bought it anyway. And it works well and now I have 1TB. biggrin
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:12 pm

good for the tuna
Back to top Go down
Bunnyruddha
Baby bunny - bit of a crybaby
Bunnyruddha

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:49 pm

umm, okay.
Back to top Go down
funnybuddha

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:52 pm

lolcore ^
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:50 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
Pujit

Pujit

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Fucking Final post seeker
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 6:51 pm

shifty
Back to top Go down
Bunnyruddha
Bunnyruddha

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:03 pm

unsure
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:12 pm

New guy biggrin
Back to top Go down
Bunnyruddha
Bunnyruddha

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:13 pm

old folk
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Yes I am.
Back to top Go down
Bunnyruddha
Bunnyruddha

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:28 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
Pujit

Pujit

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Final Post Seeker
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Pujit wrote:
Final Post Seeker

Rule 8 on the Homepage. shifty
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:37 pm

FFUUUU!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My hard disk is fucked   My hard disk is fucked - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My hard disk is fucked

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Non Football :: Devil Gang Lounge-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com