Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd ForumRecommend me some books to read EmptyHomeGalleryLatest imagesRulesSearchRecommend me some books to read EmptyNew PostsRecommend me some books to read EmptyRegisterRecommend me some books to read EmptyLog in

Share | 

Recommend me some books to read

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

Recommend me some books to read _
PostSubject: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:05 pm

I've been thinking about spending less of my free time on the Internet doing fuck all. ofcourse I can actually study for my exams but that would suck a bit. So I've decided that I should read some good books.

So come on guys....recommend me a few good books to read and have a nice time.

*No series of books like LOTR, Twilight or Harry Potter. I don't have that much time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinmust.org/

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Everything is Illuminated

My sister told she loves this book.

I didn't ask her now. She used to tell me to read it instead of wasting my time online. So I think I'll read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:17 pm

^ I wasn't quite serious there.

Now I am.

My suggestion: Savita Bhabhi
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Ask her what the book is about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:18 pm

She does not live with me. Although I'll wiki this book wink tongue

Weight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Quote :
A young American Jew, who shares a name with the author, journeys to Ukraine in search of Augustine, the woman who saved his grandfather's life during the Nazi liquidation of Trachimbrod, his family shtetl. Armed with many copies of an old photograph of Augustine and his grandfather, maps, cigarettes, and a fanny pack filled with Ziploc bags, Jonathan begins his adventure with Ukrainian native and soon-to-be good friend, Alexander "Alex" Perchov, who is his own age and very fond of American pop culture, albeit culture that is already out of date in the U.S. Alex has studied English at his university and is "premium" in his knowledge of the language, therefore he becomes the translator. Alex's "blind" grandfather and his "deranged seeing-eye bitch," Sammy Davis, Jr., Jr., accompany them on their journey.

The writing and structure received critical acclaim for the manner in which it switches between two story arcs: (1) fragments of Foer-the-character's novel-in-progress, where he tells in highly literary English a quasi-magical story about the citizens of Trachimbrod; and (2) a straightforward narrative of searching for Trachimbrod (an invented name for the real village Trochenbrod), as told by Alex in broken English. They are tied together by letters sent from Alex to Foer and attached to Alex's version. Alex's narrative is most notable for its broken English, which sounds as if he learned English from a thesaurus without ever hearing it spoken. Throughout his narrative, he makes frequent use of improper synonyms, such as using the word rigid to mean "difficult" or "hard".
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:47 pm

I recommend reading any book of Dan Brown (my favorite author). All of them are ace.
My rating (in that order)
1. Angels and Demons
2. Digital Fortress
3. Da Vinci Code
4. Deception Point
5. The Lost Symbol

I recommend Digital Fortress and Deception Point. Really amazing reads.

Otherwise, if you want to read an epic of a book, you might go with the Godfather, or Shantaram. Also The Silence of The Lambs is a good read. Other than that there is the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy which is great fun. Also any Stephen King novel. I love them - I would rate Desperation the best of them (from the ones i have read by SK)
Back to top Go down
http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:48 pm

I got loads of other books too, but will have to check my inventory to remember some names i have forgotten tongue

I am a novel buff.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 pm

the alchemist
one night @ call center
the white tiger
to kill a mocking bird
da vinci code
5 point someone

all famous and good books these
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:55 pm

You've read any?

I have all Dan Brown books on the comp but really can't be arsed reading. I want something good and funny and interesting.

Honestly I'd prefer to read football books but you don't get good ones here.
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 pm

If you want something good and funny, go with The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams. Class.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:59 pm

Ive read none but few of my friends have and they said all this is quite good
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:01 am

I have read all of these, AND more. shifty

PS The ones i posted.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 am

Nice biggrin
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:03 am

Those are the most read books these days. Every fucking soul has read those books in my college. Not really interested in those.

Anyone knows where I can get good books on football?
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:22 am

Crossword
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:23 am

There arent many souls who have read Shantaram and The Hitchhikers Guide... that i know of. shifty
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:28 am

Ive read a lot of tinkle,jataka and archies shifty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:29 am

I read wiki happy
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:45 am

Navpreet wrote:
There arent many souls who have read Shantaram and The Hitchhikers Guide... that i know of. shifty

Shantaram. Heard it was a good book. There was a movie to be made on that with Johnny Depp and Amitabh Bachchan, but got shelved for some reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:58 am

happy
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:51 pm

lord of the flies....by William Golding
thats good one too
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Kids marooned on an island fighting against each other. OK OK Book... Not that gr8.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:01 am

gr8 cr8 tongue
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:29 am

what>?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 am

Jhat
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:45 am

rolleyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:20 pm

:rollballs:
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:31 pm

meh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:37 am

Stop spamming. I was posting my smiley. No need for you to reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some books to read   Recommend me some books to read Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommend me some books to read

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Non Football :: Devil Gang Lounge-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com