Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd ForumFAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... EmptyHomeGalleryLatest imagesRulesSearchFAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... EmptyNew PostsFAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... EmptyRegisterFAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... EmptyLog in

Share | 

FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... _
PostSubject: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:10 am

the sardar jokes?

They aren't really that funny in any case but I'd like to know what a sardar thinks about those jokes. I've not really seen anyone offended by it but some might feel a bit annoyed at their community being mocked.

Views?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinmust.org/

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 am

Sardar jokes aren't funny
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 pm

The Sardar Jokes are the Indian version of Blonde jokes IMO. Just generalizing that one group of people are dumb bcoz they look alike is not in itself intelligent behaviour at all, but hey they dont affect most of us. Some older sikhs do get offended, but not everyone, although most of them would like this to stop. They try to tell the joketeller that he should have said "some guy" instead of sardar in the joke, but i agree that that would mean the joke would lose the little humor it had. See, people whose customs are different from the general public - sardars, bengalis, keralites etc will continue to be mocked for their differences, but the reason that sardar jokes are more popular than keralite or Bengali jokes is coz sardars do have a sense of humor, and are capable of laughing at themselves, well most of us. As long as the joke is left to a joke and not continuous mocking of the person in real life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Sardar's are good at heart. (at least the one's I know) They aren't offended. They don't take small things seriously. Which is a good thing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:24 pm

I hate it when people start commenting on others. Not just Sardar's, many Indians comment on foreigners, mostly Africans. It sucks
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Yup.
But africans do suck tongue
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Navpreet wrote:
The Sardar Jokes are the Indian version of Blonde jokes IMO. Just generalizing that one group of people are dumb bcoz they look alike is not in itself intelligent behaviour at all, but hey they dont affect most of us. Some older sikhs do get offended, but not everyone, although most of them would like this to stop. They try to tell the joketeller that he should have said "some guy" instead of sardar in the joke, but i agree that that would mean the joke would lose the little humor it had. See, people whose customs are different from the general public - sardars, bengalis, keralites etc will continue to be mocked for their differences, but the reason that sardar jokes are more popular than keralite or Bengali jokes is coz sardars do have a sense of humor, and are capable of laughing at themselves, well most of us. As long as the joke is left to a joke and not continuous mocking of the person in real life.

I like those jokes. I wont deny that. But obviously I've never ever seen a thick sikh in my entire life like the ones in the jokes. The reason why I asked this question was I got a text from my friend saying that the English invented the sardar jokes during their hold of India as Sardars were the most vocal and participated actively in the Independence movement. I agree with the part about them playing a vital role in Independence of India but the text later on goes on to say use 'Jack (An English name)' instead of Santa/Banta. Now if there ever was a bigger irony in an appeal please let me know.

Vishal16 wrote:
Yup.
But africans do suck tongue

What do you base this on?

You'd be banned for lifetime on any forum if you came up with this statement.

Be thankful we don't have any members from Africa.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:41 pm

Relax Jojo.
Im just joking rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
Relax Jojo.
Im just joking rolleyes

Racist cunt.
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:06 am

Rahul wrote:

the text later on goes on to say use 'Jack (An English name)' instead of Santa/Banta. Now if there ever was a bigger irony in an appeal please let me know.

Who was the text from? He obviously has some issues with the Englishmen tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:33 am

African's don't suck :|
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 am

Navpreet wrote:
Rahul wrote:

the text later on goes on to say use 'Jack (An English name)' instead of Santa/Banta. Now if there ever was a bigger irony in an appeal please let me know.

Who was the text from? He obviously has some issues with the Englishmen tongue

A friend. He sent me one of those before too. Don't know what the fuck is he so obsessed about. He isn't even a Sardar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....   FAO Navpreet - What are your views on..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAO Navpreet - What are your views on.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Non Football :: Devil Gang Lounge-
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com