Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd ForumBrazillian Ronaldo to retire next year EmptyHomeGalleryLatest imagesRulesSearchBrazillian Ronaldo to retire next year EmptyNew PostsBrazillian Ronaldo to retire next year EmptyRegisterBrazillian Ronaldo to retire next year EmptyLog in

Share | 

Brazillian Ronaldo to retire next year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

Brazillian Ronaldo to retire next year _
PostSubject: Brazillian Ronaldo to retire next year   Brazillian Ronaldo to retire next year Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Brazil's Ronaldo to retire next year

SAO PAULO —
Double World Cup winner Ronaldo, who is now playing for Sao Paulo's Corinthians, said Monday he would retire from professional football at the end of next year.

The three-times world footballer of the year aged 33 told a media conference he would continue to represent Corinthians afterwards, but only as an "ambassador."

"I've renewed for another two years and they will be the last of my career. I want to give my all. I hope to have fun and end with some big wins," he said, according to the G1 news website.

The 1994 and 2002 World Cup winner did not hide his aspirations of being called up to play for Brazil in South Africa in this year's World Cup.

"We'll see. I still have a chance to go. For the next one (in Brazil in 2014), it's impossible. It's so far away and time is passing -- including for me."

Source

----------------

I'd say he is in the top five players of all time. Absolutely phenomenal this guy was a his peak.

Just have a look at this vid and you'll come to know why he was the only player to be applauded of the pitch by the Old Trafford crowd