Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd ForumThe state of the Forum EmptyHomeGalleryLatest imagesRulesSearchThe state of the Forum EmptyNew PostsThe state of the Forum EmptyRegisterThe state of the Forum EmptyLog in

Share | 

The state of the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 pm

It's been as inactive as it can get and has ever been during the last ear or so (talking about the community here too) and I don't know why this has been the case.

A quick look at the forum statistics over here:

Click on these fucking thumbnails:
The state of the Forum Snap_214

The state of the Forum Snap_215

Alright fucking horrible state I must say. Posting I can consider okay for a few members as most people can't be arsed to post every 5-10minutes when they are online but the threads started is abysmal at best. I mean what the fuck is this?! 66 topics by me and the next one has 9 topics created?! That's despicable and pathetic stat. I don't really know why most people shy away from creating threads or are most of you'll just dumb witted?

Am I fucking running a blog over here where I do all the posting and you'll just comment on it (80% of it being spam)? Nope..for fucks sake this is a forum and a place to have fun and discuss which somehow the ones who were even active on orkut community don't seem to want to do over here.

I've waited long to create a thread like this hoping that some activity will increase. hoping at least someone other than me will be arsed to create a thread no matter how poor/excellent it might be.

What do we need? New members? No Rules? No smilies/More smilies? Moving back to orkut? I frankly don't know and if the activity doesn't increase I can't be arsed to keep up the activity by posting threads which ultimately become a spamathon.

Just tell me whether you'll want to be active...there is fucking obligation and we can move back to orkut if members please as I don't mind posting there too. I've lost it now after putting in efforts to make this place better all the time.....Forum shutdown?! Is that the best option available to me?

Fucking rant over.

Continue with your spamming in this thread too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joinmust.org/
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:44 pm

disdain :blink:
Back to top Go down
http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Navpreet

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Prediction League is a good activity maker...
Back to top Go down
http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:19 pm

Navpreet wrote:
Prediction League is a good activity maker...

Oh well.........has what 7 members making a post per week?
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with
Vishal16

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Actually I think moving back to orkut is not such a good idea...that wont do any good.
inactivity will continue where-ever.
I think maybe bring in new members is the only solution.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
Actually I think moving back to orkut is not such a good idea...that wont do any good.
inactivity will continue where-ever.
I think maybe bring in new members is the only solution.

Like we haven't pondered upon that idea before doh

The problem is I can't bring in new members as I know fook all United fans outside the gang and a few that we've brought in have been absolute of no use (primo being an exception)

I'd welcome new members but the fuckers should atleast visit the forum.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:27 pm

I bought in a few but fuckers who dont visit the forum,they already have cut down they online timing (as they say) and even if we shift back to orkut there is no guarantee that they will remain active there.
So we have to keep trying to get in new active members weather it be die hard supporter or just a newbie but we need members and I dont see any other solution to this inactivity problem unless we come up with more games like the prediction league.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
I bought in a few but fuckers who dont visit the forum,they already have cut down they online timing (as they say) and even if we shift back to orkut there is no guarantee that they will remain active there.
So we have to keep trying to get in new active members weather it be die hard supporter or just a newbie but we need members and I dont see any other solution to this inactivity problem unless we come up with more games like the prediction league.

I have a few ideas but I will need someone to run those as I can only give time to the prediction league since my college has started now.

New members....most are wank but we can have them here if it increases discussion and activity. Sugggest some guys....
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:36 pm

What ideas?
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
What ideas?

I'll tell you later biggrin
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Does this involve some kind of stupid scheme which I will have to monitor?
Back to top Go down

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:49 pm

I created a thread, was a flop. doh
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:13 am

Expected
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
Does this involve some kind of stupid scheme which I will have to monitor?

What scheme? I don't think we have had any scheme.
Back to top Go down
Vishal16
Vishal16

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Screw it and explain your idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The state of the Forum _
PostSubject: Re: The state of the Forum   The state of the Forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The state of the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Non Football :: Devil Gang Lounge-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com